Attention, Hardcore WoW Classic players! A fresh update is on its way to the Public Test Realm (PTR), tagged as build 1.14.4. While this new build primarily focuses on addressing bug issues, it also includes several intriguing adjustments that are sure to make your gaming experience even more immersive and engaging.
Blizzard is testing a new “Coward!” debuff aimed at players who choose to flee from a Duel to the Death. This debuff promises to be severely punishing, however, it is designed not to apply to players under the effects of crowd control.
Moreover, the total duel area for Duels to the Death is set to increase, potentially opening up new strategies and making your duels more exhilarating.
Another key feature of this update involves alterations to Guild Death Messages. Blizzard is tailoring the death alerts for greater customization. In the new system, you’ll be able to view the exact cause and location of a guild member’s demise, offering a more comprehensive understanding of the event. Importantly, the alerts will now cater to any guild death, irrespective of the character level.
Additionally, Blizzard is set to introduce unique sounds specifically for Duel to the Death challenges, Guild Deaths, and Level 60 server announcements.
The last major change pertains to the availability of PvP Trinkets from Rank 2 of the Honor system on Hardcore realms. Players can soon acquire these from a vendor at a moderate gold cost, thus eliminating the ranking requirement.
Stay tuned as we continue to bring you the latest updates and changes coming to Hardcore WoW Classic in the near future. Happy gaming!
While today’s new PTR build 1 is mostly focused on bugfixes, we want to share some other adjustments that we’re working on for Classic Era 1.14.4.
We plan to test a “Coward!” debuff for players who flee a Duel to the Death. We’re adding bespoke logic to this debuff, to help ensure that you cannot gain it while under the effects of crowd control.
This debuff is meant to be incredibly punishing.
- We’re also planning to increase the total duel area for Duels to the Death.
- We’re making several adjustments to Guild Death Messages.
- Death alerts will be customized or disabled in the configuration options for chat windows.
- Guild deaths will display the creature that killed the character and the zone or area they died in.
- If the player died to environmental damage, only the zone will be shown
Additionally, death alerts will also show for any guild death, not just when characters die over a certain level.
- We’re working on new, unique sounds for Duel to the Death challenges, Guild Deaths, and Level 60 server announcements.
- We’re going to test making PvP Trinkets from Rank 2 of the Honor system available on Hardcore realms, from a vendor for a moderate gold cost, without requiring ranking.
Read the full Blue Post here.